Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cafe Rio Pork


I love Cafe Rio. Especially their sweet pork. I have tried to make it a couple times in the past, but it hasn't turned out very well. I came across this recipe from someone's blog that said, "We have tried different sweet pork recipes but something seemed to be missing from each one.. so we combined a few and made our own! I promise, we are VERY VERY picky about our Cafe Rio pork and this tasted EXACTLY like it."

I decided I had to try it if they had tried so many different ones, and they thought it was perfect. So off I went to the store.

It was a lot more work than the other times I've made it, but SO worth the work. It was delicious!!!! I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Cafe Rio pork. We had sweet pork salads the first day (with the Tomatillo Ranch recipe which tastes identical to Cafe Rio's!) and then pork enchiladas the next day with the leftover pork. I was really sad it didn't make more because it was so good! Next time I might have to double the meat recipe because it was SO yummy!!!

Click here to go to the blog that has all of the recipes. I made the pork, rice, and tomatillo ranch dressing. I didn't try the bean recipe just because I don't like beans! But I'm sure they're good, too.

Thank you, Jared & Erica, even though I've never met you! This recipe was fabulous!

No comments: