Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Photo Block Ornaments

I saw these on Skip To My Lou and thought they were so cute and easy! I might just have to give them a try. I saw a whole set of those blocks in the Target dollar bins about a month ago so I'm going to go check and see if they still have them.
You need:
Mod Podge
Diamond Glaze
Alphabet blocks
Decorative Paper
Pictures
Scissors
Straight pin
Eyelet hooks
ribbon



Mod podge your paper and picture to the block. Let it dry.


Screw in the eyelet hook. I also attached my ribbon in this step, but save it until they are all done, otherwise you might drip gooey stuff on and have to cut a new piece.


Apply the Diamond Glaze. If there are little bubbles you can work them out with a straight pin, or just pop them with your fingernail. The glaze looks foggy until it dries.



Let it dry.

Admire your handiwork!

**edited to say**
You can find diamond glaze at Joann.com, or several other online craft stores. I was hard pressed to find it in any store in Spokane or Kennewick. Also, there is something called Ailene’s paper glaze that you can get at Michael’s. It is similar, but I have never used it.

1 comment:

Janae said...

Those are adorable! I want to make some! Let me know if Target had them still.