Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sticky Chicken

I have had several people ask me for this recipe so I thought I should just post it on here. I LOVE this recipe (which is probably why many of you have tried it!) I got a very similar recipe from my friend Mindy about a year ago, and love that one, too. This recipe is from a lady in my mom's ward in Gilbert named Erika. I want to give credit where credit is due. I definitely didn't come up with this on my own!

2 1/2 pounds chicken (I just use about 4-6 chicken breasts)
3 eggs
Garlic Salt
Cornstarch

Sauce:
1 1/4 C. sugar
3/4 C. vinegar
1/2 C. orange juice
1 1/2 T. ketchup
3/4 t. salt

Wash chicken. Pat dry. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. Cut into chicken tenders. Pour some cornstarch into a paper bag or gallon sized ziploc bag. Dip chicken in egg and put in the bag of cornstarch. Shake to get all of the chicken coated. Put chicken in frying pan with about 1/4" hot oil. Lightly brown each side. You want the oil to be fairly hot because you don't want to cook the chicken in the oil, just brown it. Place chicken in baking dish. Mix sauce and pour over chicken. Bake 60-80 minutes at 350 degrees. (I usually cook it 65 minutes, but if you want the sauce to be stickier, keep it in longer).

1 comment:

Carissa said...

This looks similar to a recipe I have without the orange juice. I'll have to try this version because I love the other one and this sounds even better!